Salesforce is an American cloud-based software company specializing in customer relationship management (CRM). It was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It has since become one of the world’s leading providers of CRM solutions, serving over 150,000 customers worldwide. Its flagship product is a suite of cloud-based applications called Salesforce Cloud that enables companies to manage and track customer leads, offers, deals, and customer relationship data. The company also offers a range of other products, such as analytics and marketing automation tools.
Salesforce allows businesses to create custom databases and automated processes for sales, marketing, analytics, customer service, finance, human resources, and more. This will enable companies to save time and money by automating manual tasks. It also helps accelerate sales cycles by providing insights into customer behavior and market trends. In addition to offering its products and services, it integrates with third-party applications such as Google Analytics and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Salesforce also provides a comprehensive suite of training options for users looking to get up to speed on their platform quickly.
The platform’s robust customization options allow businesses to tailor the system according to their specific requirements. Companies can easily add custom fields or create automated workflows with simple drag-and-drop functionality. Additionally, they can access extensive support resources, including online tutorials, forums, and videos, and dedicated team members are available 24/7 via chat or phone call. With its scalability features, businesses can expand their usage without investing in new hardware or software licensing fees. All these features make Salesforce Cloud an attractive option for small businesses and large enterprises looking for an all-in-one solution for managing their data needs effectively.
If you use Salesforce for your business, you likely need to send and manage emails in one place. Many users integrate their Gmail with Salesforce to use the platform’s powerful tools to log emails and keep track of conversations. This article will guide you through integrating your Gmail with Salesforce and logging a Gmail email.
Steps to Integrate Salesforce With your Gmail and Log a Gmail Email:
- Navigate to mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox and click “Get Started,” followed by “Next” and then “Finish.”
- Log into your Salesforce account and click on the “Setup” button in the top right corner of the page.
- In the left navigation bar, find and select “Email” under Platform Tools, followed by Email Integration Settings in the resulting menu.
- Select “Gmail” as your email integration type and check the “Include emails sent from Gmail in my Salesforce Activity History.”
- Click “Allow” when asked if you want to grant access for Salesforce to integrate with your Gmail account, then wait for a few moments while Salesforce integrates with your Gmail account in the background.
- Once completed, you should now see a message saying that Salesforce has successfully integrated with your Gmail account, along with an option to start logging emails right away if you wish to do so straight away – otherwise, you can skip this step for now if you prefer not to log any emails just yet.
To log an email within Salesforce, click “Add Contact” from within the Email Integration Settings page within Setup mode and select “New Contact.”
- Enter all applicable information about the contact, including their Account Name*. When finished entering all required details on the connection, click on “Save” at the bottom of the page before proceeding further.
- Once saved, select “Log Emails” from within the Email Integration Settings page again before selecting which emails you would like logged into your Salesforce history by clicking on them one-by-one or selecting multiple at once using CTRL+click or CMD+click depending on what type of computer you are currently using (PC or Mac). Make sure not to forget to hit ‘Save’ at this stage too!
- After saving any selected emails for logging in your Contacts record’s activity timeline on Salesforce, open up a new tab or window to double-check that everything was appropriately connected by clicking directly into the actual Account associated with that contact – it should show up there after a few moments refresh time if everything went according to plan!
- Last but certainly not least important – don’t forget to save all changes made during this process for everything to be correctly logged via email integration into Salesforce (otherwise, those changes will not retain after logging out or refreshing)!
If your contact is already in SFDC, then you can skip this step and go to step 12, but if not, click “Add to Salesforce” then “New Contact” and complete the fields provided (Account Name*, First Name*, Last Name*, etc.). Once finished, click “Save” at the bottom of the screen. Now it’s time to log an email!
Click “Log Email” on the top right window of your screen, which will open up a window for composition where you’ll be able to type out your message before sending it off, as usual, using the email’s familiar options. Don’t forget to save it by clicking “Save” once complete! After saving your draft, make sure that it was connected by double-checking directly into the Account or Contact record in Salesforce by clicking “RunningRemote” > This link opens in a new window > Show this record in Salesforce.” You should see a tab with the title nimblefreelancer22.my.salesforce.com/0013e00002zDeXpQAK which contains all the details about your logged email, including message body content, subject line, recipient name(s), etc. – confirming successful integration between Gmail & Salesforce!
Integrating Gmail with Salesforce is an efficient way of managing emails while keeping everything organized within one system. It allows users to quickly access data stored in their accounts as well as log emails straight from their inboxes – making communication between teams more accessible than ever before!