Roku TV is a trendy streaming device and intelligent TV brand which lets you access a wide array of content through numerous channels. However, one of the most commonly asked questions is whether or not it is possible to connect Apple’s AirPods to a Roku TV.
Although Roku TV does not have built-in support for Apple’s AirPods directly, it is still possible to connect the devices through a process known as pairing. This process can be slightly tricky, but don’t worry – this comprehensive guide will walk you through connecting your AirPods to your Roku TV.
You can connect almost any device to your TV and watch something. Headphones with Bluetooth are an excellent choice for today’s active lifestyle. Say you want to buy AirPods, you came to the right place to learn more about this gadget. The right pair of wireless headphones can solve tangled wires, and the sound quality is comparable to wired earbuds.
Connecting your AirPods, or other Bluetooth devices, to a Roku TV can be tricky. But with the proper steps, you can now link your AirPods and play audio through the Roku TV, and if you have purchased a Roku TV in the last few months, you might have found out that your new television came with headphones that connect by a cable, and they aren’t Bluetooth compatible. So what are your options? Well, there are ways around it, and after doing some research, we’ve come up with several solutions.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to connect Airpods to Roku TV. A mobile device or a laptop with the Roku app installed is needed.
How To Connect Airpods To Roku TV?
Connecting AirPods to a Roku TV involves a few steps. First, install the Roku app on your smartphone and log in. Next, pair your AirPods to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Connect your smartphone to your Roku TV using the app, then enable the Private Listening feature. Now, you can listen to your Roku TV through your AirPods.
Before we dive into the steps, here’s what you’ll need:
- Roku TV or Roku streaming player
- Apple AirPods
- A smartphone or tablet with the Roku app installed (available on both iOS and Android)
- An active Wi-Fi connection
It’s essential to note that your Roku device and your smartphone or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
Steps to Connect AirPods to Roku TV:
1. Install and Setup the Roku App:
Before using your AirPods with your Roku TV, you must install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- For iOS users: Visit the App Store, search for the Roku app, and install it.
- For Android users: Visit the Google Play Store, search for the Roku app, and install it.
Once installed, you must open the app and log in using your Roku account credentials. You’ll need to create one if you do not have an account.
2. Connect Your Smartphone to Your AirPods:
Next, you need to connect your AirPods to your smartphone. Here’s how:
- For iOS users: Open the lid of your AirPods case, then go to Settings > Bluetooth on your device. Under “Other Devices,” select your AirPods, and tap “Connect.”
- For Android users: Open the lid of your AirPods case, then go to Settings > Connected devices > Pair new device on your Android device. Choose your AirPods from the list of available devices and confirm the pairing.
3. Connect Your Smartphone to Your Roku TV:
After pairing your AirPods with your smartphone, the next step is to connect your smartphone to your Roku TV using the Roku app.
Open the Roku app and select your Roku TV from the list of devices. If you do not see your Roku TV, ensure your smartphone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
4. Enable Private Listening:
The final step is to enable the Private Listening feature on the Roku app. This feature allows you to listen to your Roku TV’s audio through your smartphone, which means you can listen through your connected AirPods.
To enable Private Listening, tap on the headphone icon at the Roku app’s bottom. Once the Private Listening mode is active, the sound from your Roku TV will be directed to your AirPods.
If you’re experiencing difficulties with the connection process, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Check Your Wi-Fi: Make sure your Roku TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check Your Volume: If you can’t hear any sound, ensure the volume on your smartphone is turned up.
- Restart Your Devices: If you’re having trouble pairing, try restarting your Roku TV, smartphone, and AirPods.
- Update Your Devices: Make sure your Roku device, smartphone, and the Roku app are all up-to-date.
Although Roku does not provide native support for AirPods, you can still enjoy your favorite shows and movies on your TV with your AirPods using the Roku mobile app’s Private Listening feature. This process may seem roundabout, but it works surprisingly well, allowing you to enjoy a private, high-quality audio experience while streaming content on your Roku TV.
Please read our Roku TV tips:
- What is Roku TV?
- How to Connect Roku Remote to TV?
- Does Roku TV Have Bluetooth?
- How to Restart Roku TV?
- Where is the IP address on a Roku TV?
- How to Sync Roku Remote to TV?
- How to Screen Mirror on Roku TV?
- How to Change Roku Name?
- How To Connect Airpods To Roku TV?
- Do You Need Internet for Roku?
- How to Fix Roku TV Black Screen?
- Why is My Roku Blinking?
- Why Does my Roku TV keep Turning Off?
- How to Turn Off Voice on Roku? – Turn Off the Narrator On Roku