If you see the message “You are Not Eligible to Create a Username” on Facebook, you don’t meet all the requirements for creating a username.
Facebook requires people to have been on Facebook for at least 14 days before they can create a username, but since your account was created less than 14 days ago, you aren’t eligible to make one yet. To be eligible to create a username:
- You must have ten friends or more
- You must have added at least one profile photo (you can do this by clicking “Add Profile Photo” in the left sidebar)
- Your birthdate needs to be visible on your profile page (you can do this by checking the box that says “Show my birthday” near the bottom of your About section)
How do I create a username for my Facebook Page?
To create a username for your Page, you must:
- Have at least 25 fans.
- Be the admin of your Facebook Page. If you’re not sure if you are an admin on your Facebook Page, check out our article about how to check if someone else is an admin of a page you manage.
- Have a username for your profile in good standing on Facebook (if possible) — this will help make sure people can identify who they’re talking to when they message or tag you on posts.
What does it mean when I see “URL No Longer Exists” or “Page Not Found” on Facebook?
The following are the possible reasons why you see an “URL No Longer Exists” or “Page Not Found” error on Facebook:
- The page has been deleted.
- The page has been removed or moved.
- The admin has blocked the page because of abusive content, spamming, harassing other users, etc., and you may not have permission to access it.
- The admin has restricted the page, and you may not have permission to access it (e.g., if it’s a group).
- You are not authorized to view this page/edit it (e.g. if it’s a group).
You need to have met specific requirements on Facebook to be eligible for creating a username.
You may have been thinking about creating a username for your Facebook page but didn’t know if you were eligible. If you’re not sure, this article will help explain what types of people are allowed to create usernames on Facebook.
If you’ve met the following requirements:
- You have at least 1,000 followers on your page (this number must be an accurate count that is updated monthly)
- You’ve been on Facebook for at least 90 days
- You’re over 18 years old
Creating a username on Facebook is a great way to make your unique identity on the social media platform. It also helps you keep your personal and professional lives separate, which is essential if you have an active job search or are trying to keep your family life out of the public eye.
When creating your Facebook username, make sure it’s something that reflects who you are as a person and what kinds of things you like. Also, be aware that some names may be taken by other users—if so, try adding a few extra characters so that yours stands out more!