What to write on a school excuse note?
How to Write an Excuse Note for School?
To write an excuse note for school, you need to provide the following things:
- Explain the absent reason honestly.
- Include child details in the letter, such as name, class name, section name, roll number, etc., so that you can be identified easily.
- Indicate parent’s full name, signature, and some means by which they can contact you in case of doubt.
- Your full address on the right side of the paper
- The letter must be short, precise, and without any extensions.
- It is important to remember that a medical certificate or doctor’s note should be attached with the letter in case of illness.
Absent Note for school examples:
Absent Note for School because Travel
I am writing to inform you that our daughter Elaine, who is a student of grade 2 in your school, shall not be able to attend school next week. We will be traveling to France for a week owing to a family event, therefore kindly excuse Elaine from [date] to [date].
We would appreciate it if you can share next week’s study plan so we can cover the course as soon as we return.
Absent Note for School because Health
I am writing to explain that my son Jim studying at your school in grade 3, was unable to attend school today. Since yesterday evening, he complained of stomach ache (or asthma, ilness, etc. ). I have taken him to the doctor for medicine, and hopefully, he will be better soon. He complained of a severe headache in the morning, so I decided to let him rest for a while. He will be back to school from tomorrow.
The doctor has recommended that he stay home for three additional days so that he doesn’t get anyone else at school sick and Jacob will be bringing in a doctor’s note as well. I’d also like to know if it’s possible that I could come and pick up Jim’s homework for the day as well so that he doesn’t fall behind on assignments.
Thanks for your cooperation.