Samsung Galaxy is the most advanced smartphone equipped with innovative and unique features for the new generation. One of the technological improvements in the Samsung smartphone is the IR blaster feature. The IR blaster feature became available with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S6, but it is not available with the Samsung Galaxy S8.
The reason for excluding this IR blaster feature in the recent Samsung smartphones is that only a few users preferably used this feature, and it is outdated now, so you will not find it in your Samsung Galaxy S8. Most Samsung galaxy lovers are stuck with the old Galaxy S6 phones because of the IR Blaster feature.
However, this feature is widespread in Asia, so some other apps and devices are available, install these apps to your Samsung Galaxy S8 and enjoy it as a remote controller.
Does Samsung Galaxy S8 have IR Blaster?
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ do not come with an IR blaster. You can not use the phone to control AC, your non-smart TV, and your music player. A few years ago, Samsung removed IR blasters in Galaxy phones because few people use them.
How Do I Know if My Phone has an IR Blaster?
The most recent Android phones aren’t designated with IR blasters. You can enjoy this feature with an old model mobile phone and fewer new models. If you have an old model phone, you need to check whether it is equipped with the IR blaster feature or not.
Before downloading the app that lets you use IR blaster, you need to check your phone to see if it supports the IR blaster feature. There are different processes to know if it helps it or not.
- Look-see the top edge of your phone; if you notice a black circle, rectangle, plastic, or indent anything else, then it confirms the accessibility of the IR blaster in your smartphone.
- If the way mentioned above of ascertaining is somewhat confusing since smartphones can have a different design, you can download and install a Phone Tester for Android devices. That will let you know if you have an IR blaster or not.
- You can know whether IR blaster is supported on your smartphone or not by just a quick online search.
- Another time taking method involves turning pages after pages, and in this process, you check your phone’s user manual.
How to Install IR Blaster on Android?
You can install the IR blaster app on your PC and stream any content you like to your phone with several taps. The only need is to link the devices up to the same home network. It does not take several, but a few minutes to set it up, and you will be able to readily link your Galaxy S8 smartphone to your home’s smart grid. It would help if you were so keen to follow the following instructions.
The SmartView app lets you pair up your smartphone with other Samsung devices.
- Initially, swipe down on your smartphone’s home screen and go to the “Quick Settings” menus.
- Choose the “Smart View” feature from there and look up at the list of multiple devices you can pair up with
- You have to connect to a Samsung TV set so that your phone may turn into a remote control.
The IR Blaster app works only with Samsung devices. You cannot pair it up with the devices of the other brands. Yet, Samsung has developed an app that lets you do intelligent things.
How Do I Use My Phone as an IR Blaster to Control My TV?
You cannot directly control your TV with a smartphone that lacks IR Blaster until your device gets control via Bluetooth or Internet. If your smartphone does not get controlled via Bluetooth or the internet, use the app suggested by the manufacturer.
We recommend the SmartThings app to control your TV with a Smartphone. This app allows you to efficiently manage the air condition system and the lights, appliances, or power outlets. You have to follow the following procedure if you are willing to use your phone as AC remote without IR Blaster.
- First, install the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
- Open the app after finishing the installation and choose “Add Device.”
- Search the device you want to control with your Samsung Galaxy S8 in the “Available Devices” section.
- Pair them with your phone, and the app will question to enter your PIN code; this is the requirement when you want to pair your phone with the TV Set, and the code essentially appears on the TV Screen.
- The app will notify you to link your TV with the Wi-Fi network, but you will not be asked to do that if it is already connected.
- Then, put your email address to register your TV to your Samsung account.
- Click the “Accept” option and choose your TV set from the raised list. Click “Next.”
- Put your ZIP code and go ahead by clicking “Next.”
- Once you finish the setup, the app will question if you are willing to add more apps to your TV; choose the apps from the list.
- Finally, click “Done,” You can now control your TV with the Samsung Galaxy S8.
The exciting thing about the SmartThings app is that it lets you stream your TV Screen straight to the smartphone and vice versa. So, if you want to play mobile games, you can enjoy them on the TV screen.
Wrisky Universal IR Remote Control
If you have neither a smart home nor a Samsung TV set, you can still enjoy controlling your TV using a smartphone. For this purpose, you additionally need Wrisky Universal IR Remote Control Device. It is a smaller-sized IR transmitter that you have to link with the audio jack of your S8. Generally, it imitates remote controls and permits you to use your smartphone as one. It is not the most reliable solution to the problem, but it gets work done. You have to follow the following points:
- First, buy the Wrisky Universal IR Remote Control attachment.
- Download and install the Remote ZaZa app from the Google Playstore.
- Once it is installed, open and tap “Setting.”
- Then click the “IR Driver Setting” to uncheck the “Auto-recognize device” feature.
- Return to the: Settings” page and choose the “Advanced Setting.”
- Enable |Audio Reversal” and set the” ZaZa Sensitivity” straight away in the highest setting.
- Navigate, return to the app’s home screen, and choose “3M TV” from the given options.
- Finally, add the Wrisky Universal IR remote to turn your smartphone into a remote controller.
How Can I Use My Phone as AC Remote Without IR Blaster?
You can not control your TV/AC with a phone that doesn’t have an IR Blaster. However, if your device supports Bluetooth or Internet, you can use your phone as a remote if you go to the Google Play store or your phone store and download any Remote app.