Venmo is a mobile payment platform that allows users to send and receive money using their mobile devices. The app is available on Apple and Android devices, and it’s free to download.
The Venmo app allows users to link their bank accounts, credit cards, or debit cards so they can pay friends back for dinner or other purchases with a swipe of their finger instead of cash or checks. It’s also possible to use Venmo as an alternative payment method for online purchases, though this feature is currently limited to select businesses.
Venmo charges no fees for sending money from one person to another within the app; however, there are fees associated with sending money from a bank account or credit card linked through Venmo.
How to Find My Venmo ID?
Your Venmo ID is your Venmo username. To find your Venmo ID you need to go to open the Venmo app and go to the “Me” tab by tapping your picture or initials. In the next step, go to the Settings gear (tap the top right wheel), and in the “Account” section press “Preferences” or “Edit profile” to see your username asyour Venmo ID. Here you can update your username too.
Let us see this using images:
1. First, you need to open the Venmo app.
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of your phone or tablet screen.
- Tap ‘Settings’ to load your settings menu.
- On the settings menu, tap ‘Personal.’
- Near the bottom of your personal information is a section marked ‘Venmo ID.’ This is where you can find both your public username and private ID number for Venmo transactions and transfers between accounts (as well as other services).
Tap the menu button in the top-left corner.
- Open the Venmo app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen, then tap Settings > Profile & Settings to open your profile page. You’ll see your Venmo ID at the bottom of this page if you’re signed into an account and if you haven’t already disabled sharing with friends (which prevents them from seeing what’s on your profile).
- If there isn’t a new notification in your Inbox yet, go back to step 1 and wait for one to appear before continuing!
Tap ‘Settings’ to load your settings menu.
- In the top left corner of your Venmo app, tap on the hamburger menu.
- Tap on the Settings menu to load your settings menu.
- Tap on Personal Setting to view all of your personal preferences, including changing your profile photo, language setting, and notification preferences.
On the settings menu, tap ‘Edit Profile.’
- Scroll down to find your Venmo ID. This is the username you use to log in to your Venmo account and send money to others.
- Near the bottom of your personal information is your Venmo ID.
- Click on this, and it will bring up a profile URL, which you can copy and paste into any app or website that asks for “Venmo” as payment information.
- You can also click on your username to get started!
Now that you know where to look, it’s easy to find your Venmo ID. All you need is the username of your account and a little bit of Googling.
If you ever have an issue with your Venmo account, whether it’s an error message or just a question about how something works, then feel free to contact customer support with the information they’ll need.