Resetting your Biddeford electric blanket can be done in just a few simple steps. Whether you are having problems with the temperature not adjusting correctly or if it has gone into error mode, resetting the blanket can help solve these issues. Follow these instructions to safely and correctly reset your electric blanket.
Biddeford Heated Blanket Blinking – learn how to fix it in our article.
How to Reset a Biddeford Electric Blanket?
- Unplug the electric blanket from the power source.
- Remove any bedding, bedspread, or other material covering the electric blanket.
- Disconnect the controls from the electric blanket and allow it to cool down for a minimum of five minutes before proceeding.
- Locate the reset button near one of the control boxes of your Biddeford Electric Blanket. The reset button is typically a red button with the other buttons on each side of the control box.
- Press and hold down the reset button for at least 10 seconds until you hear an audible clicking sound or notice a small light flashing on your unit, indicating that it has been reset.
- Reconnect all cords and plugs, ensuring they are firmly attached to their respective outlets to prevent overheating and possible fire hazards.
- Reconnect any bedding, bedspread, or material previously removed from the electric blanket.
- Plug your Biddeford Electric Blanket back into its original power source and turn it on to ensure it has been reset.
First and foremost, turn off the power at its source. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and remove any batteries in the controls. Wait at least five minutes before turning on the power again to ensure that all voltage has been dissipated from the wires within your electric blanket. This is especially important for those with digital controllers, as they contain internal microprocessors which require time to reset themselves between power cycles.
Next, plug in or replace any batteries you have removed from your control unit – depending on your model of an electric blanket, this will either be a single 9-volt battery or two AA batteries – making sure that they are correctly aligned and oriented within their compartments. Once complete, turn the power source on your electric blanket again, either by plugging it into an electrical outlet or via its battery-operated control unit.
Once you have done this, press and hold down both of the “SET” buttons until both LED indicators flash at the same time – this should take approximately 20 seconds – then press each controller separately, one after another quickly, to trigger a hard reset of your device’s internal systems and settings.
When you do this correctly, you should hear two audible beeps from either side of your control unit, indicating that it has successfully been reset to its factory default settings. If this does not happen, then try repeating step three once more, as you may have pressed one of the buttons too slowly or waited too long between pressing each button individually; if all else fails, then contact customer service for further assistance concerning how to reset your Biddeford electric blanket correctly.
Finally, check over all connections and cords for any signs of damage, such as frayed wiring or loose components, as these could potentially cause future problems with either heating up appropriately or even going into error mode again in future uses – if there are any issues then consider replacing them before use or seeking professional advice from an authorized technician for further guidance on what needs replacing and how best to go about doing so safely.
By following these steps, you should now know exactly how to safely reset a Biddeford Electric Blanket back to its factory default settings without risking any further damage being done by applying incorrect methods when attempting to do so yourself; however, extra caution must be taken when handling any electrical appliance due to potential risks associated with electricity so please make sure everything is turned off before beginning work!