We all love a good cup of coffee needed to drive us through the day. Coffee in the morning gives us instant energy and a feeling of being fresh and alive. Many people have this as the only motivation to get up in the morning. A good steaming cup of coffee is essential to drive away those weekly blues not necessarily confined to a Monday only. We have different coffee makers in our homes and offices that do the magic each day by providing our coffee cups with just one instant press.
Thankfully enough, there are plenty of good options to choose from when you buy a coffee maker. One such kind is the Keurig coffee makers and mini Keurigs that have become a staple buy and are present in almost all homes and offices. They provide a good cup of brewed coffee that is made to perfection. However, the coffee may differ each time, and it can also taste a bit muted down as well. We often believe that our coffee has gone bad, so does it mean that the coffee beans are not providing good quality coffee, or is the coffee maker blamed for it? And is there something to do if we need a strong coffee? All of this and much more will be answered in this article.
Keurig strong button
How does the Keurig strong button work?
The strong button on the Keurig makes the process of brewing your coffee by slightly increasing the time it takes to brew the coffee in your K-Cup. Keurig strong button makes your coffee taste stronger using diffusion of the coffee. For example, 8-ounce K-cup, the Keurig K500 will take 43 seconds to brew and for a strong cup, that number will increase to 1 minute and 15 seconds.
Many people are fond of a strong cup of coffee. For them, they need that extra bitterness of the extra coffee flavor that has become their preference over the period of time. However, the coffee can sometimes not be robust, due to which you may wonder whether your Keurig machine is not working properly. Is this the case? Do we have something that can make the coffee turn stronger according to your own preference? Let us find out in the article below.
Like the different options and buttons present on the Keurig machine, a button is known as the strong button on the Keurig. Pressing this button on would ensure that the coffee that you are making will be strong. How does it do so? It does so because when you press this button, it will ensure that the coffee is brewed for a relatively long period of time than the usual one. It, therefore, ensures that the coffee will be strong. This does not mean that you would require a brand of coffee that has a strong flavor or adding in more coffee beans. The quantity of caffeine that is present will also remain static as well as it was before. Therefore the coffee machine will only be turned on for longer, which would mean that more flavor would be released into the hot water, and as it is brewed for quite some time, the coffee would get stronger. This button is like a lifesaver for coffee enthusiasts and people who like an extra kick in their morning coffees.
However, this information is not enough, and we would provide more in the article below. So please stick around and let us keep reading through the article.
Can the “Strong” button go dysfunctional? If yes, it does; what to do next?
Sometimes when you use the Keurig coffee maker to make the coffee, you often expect it to give a solid cup of coffee. However, it has occurred to many people that the coffee would not be brewed for a very long time, and it would taste a bit like normal coffee or maybe not that strong as much as you wanted it to be. This would mean that the “strong” button present on the Keurig coffee maker has gone dysfunctional and would not work properly. Why does it happen so? Is there any possible thing which you might have done that may have forced it to stop working? Let us find out.
So basically, the Keurig coffee maker comes with a K-cup. You should always remember and follow the rule that when the machine is turned on and power is supplied to it, only then should you place the K-cup inside the coffee maker machine. If you do not do so, it will result in the strong button’s breakdown, which is present on the coffee maker. You must also close the K-cup once it is inserted and then choose your serving from the range present in your Keurig coffee maker. After this, you should press your strong button on the coffee maker, which would brew the coffee for a long time depending on the size of the K-cup present and the serving size you have picked out. You can pick up the cup size after it would be flashing on the machine.
The Keurig coffee maker is a brilliant appliance and comes with a variety of buttons. It also has various indicators that let you know whether the appliance is working in the correct form or not. For example, when there is too much scale accumulated at the bottom of the Keurig machine, it would also affect the taste of the coffee. There is also a light button known as the descaling button, which would light up on the machine. It would be an indicator that the appliance is not working properly, and you must use the descaling solution to ensure that it is cleaned properly.
Let us find out about another interesting feature of the Keurig machine in the section below.
The “Iced” Button:
Not everyone enjoys hot coffee. Some people are fond of drinking cold coffees and iced coffees. They are especially famous during the summer season; however, many people have made it a regular fact, and they drink cold and iced coffees in their routine lives. So can you make iced coffee using the Keurig coffee machine? Is there any way to do so?
Yes, luckily enough, there is a button on the Keurig coffee machine that gives the “iced” coffee. If you press it, it will ensure that you are getting the cold coffee. You can either make the cold coffee by using ice cubes later or press the iced button on the Keurig machine to make sure that the coffee you are getting is cold. When you press the cold button on the coffee, it will ensure that the coffee you are getting is strong. However, adding ice cubes to the mix would dilute the mixture and would not ensure that the coffee is strong. Instead, it may taste mild.
When you purchase the Keurig coffee maker, there comes an instruction manual attached to it. The instruction manual gives out the guidelines to make an iced coffee. It would help if you had a tumbler and iced cubes along with your preference of the coffee flavor. Depending on what you like, you can make sure that the coffee is strong or weak. However, we would recommend you get a strong flavored coffee for iced coffees because it would be a bit diluted due to the ice cubes afterward.
Different types of coffee flavors are present in the market. Coffee is now infused with many different flavors such as hazelnut, Nutella, chocolate, dark cocoa, and so on. You can get the K-cup of your own preference with the coffee flavor and enjoy your steaming cup of coffee or the iced coffee, whichever you like.
Although there is a wide range of coffee present in the market and it depends on various factors on how it would taste however in the next section, we would discuss some of the coffees that are very strong and may be used if you are making the iced coffee.
Which are the ideal coffee flavors to use if you are using the “strong” button on the coffee machine?
There are many products available in the market with variations in their caffeine levels. Some coffee flavors are too strong, while others are infused with different flavors. It would help if you were mindful that each body has a different tolerance towards the caffeine present in the coffees. You should, of course, get the one which you like and have a knack for; however, there are some of the recommendations for the strongest coffees which would help you
if you are using the strong button on your Keurig coffee machine:
1. Black Label: This coffee is a very famous coffee brand from the company of Devil Mountain coffee company. It is often touted as the strongest cup of coffee in the world with the strongest flavor. It has a high amount of caffeine present in it as well. Just as a rough estimate, there are around 1500 milligrams of coffee present for every twelve-ounce. This means that the caffeine intake would be very high if you use this coffee. However, you should look for your own preference before making any purchase from the market.
2. Robust coffee: Just as the name indicates and is evident from its label, it makes for a solid cup of coffee. This is one of the most popular and strong-tasting coffee and is found widely in the UK markets. It also has a very high caffeine level, and just as a rough estimate, for every 12 ounces, the level of coffee is somewhere around 1200 milligrams. You should therefore check your tolerance level before consuming this coffee or buying it.
3. High Voltage Coffee: This is one of the most famous brands and the strong coffee from Australia. This is known as High Voltage coffee and is consumed widely in Australia. However, due to its caffeine content being considerably low than the Black Label and the Robust coffee, it is somewhere near 1100 milligrams of coffee for every 12 ounce. Therefore, this coffee is also not very bitter in taste as thought about the strong coffees.
4. Black Insomnia: This has two types of levels present in it. The first one only has about 1100 milligrams of coffee for every 12 ounces; however, there was a new level present which is touted as much stronger in taste. It, however, is not that bitter as thought about the strong coffees. The Black Insomnia is famous all around South Africa and is a band hailing from that country. However, varieties of it can be purchased from the websites such as Amazon, and you can read for user reviews on this coffee.
5. Killer Coffee: This is again an Australian brand of coffee, and it uses the coffee beans of Arabica. The caffeine content is a bit low in this; for example, roughly around 600 milligrams of coffee exists for every 12 ounces of coffee. You can order it from their website or other online websites as well.
There are, of course, other brands of coffee that are strong, or you can turn a mild coffee into a strong one. It entirely depends upon your own taste and how strong you want your coffee to be when you have it.
What are the key takeaways from the article?
This article learned all about strong coffees and how to make them using the Keurig coffee maker. We learned about two modes or buttons of coffee present on the Keurig machine, including the “strong” button and the “iced” button. Both of them can be used when you want a strong cup of coffee.
If you are using the iced button, the coffee would still be strong, but it would be cold instead of hot coffee. Furthermore, we discussed different brands of coffee that have high caffeine levels and made strong cups; however, we would recommend you to first check your own tolerance level towards the caffeine and then make your buy.