Today, there are a great many GPS applications to assist you in navigation and location tracking. But most of these do not work in offline mode. Even modern-day tablets fail to tell you the required route when they are not connected to the internet. However, there are a few tablets that possess offline GPS functionality. If you are a frequent user of GPS, the best tablet for you would be the one with an inbuilt GPS.
What is the best GPS Tablet?
The best tablets with Built-in GPS are Apple iPad Mini 6th Gen (price $469) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S8″ ($699) in 2023. These tablets are excellent for people who need to travel to remote places and areas that face connectivity issues. Also, if you want to avoid data or WiFi usage and yet need to access GPS most of the time, these tablets would be perfect for you.
Factors to Consider While Purchasing a GPS Tablet
When you plan to buy a tablet, you must go through its prominent features and specifications to see if they fit your preferences. Below is the description of essential parameters that you must check before purchasing a tablet:
- Battery Life: If you must keep the GPS on for a long duration, it can be distressing and annoying if your device runs out of battery. Therefore, it would be best to opt for a tablet with a battery life that lasts for one day.
- Size & Memory: Tablets come in several shapes and sizes. While some are large in screen size and display, others are of medium or small dimensions. Even though a giant tablet has better readability, it cannot be easy to handle compared to a compact one. Either size has its merits and demerits. In addition, tablets differ in terms of their internal memory storage. How much memory you need depends on where you use the GPS tracker the most or whether you need to download or upload maps frequently. Like some people require GPS for road navigation, while others use it more for outdoor recreation spots, so choose the one that suits your lifestyle requirements.
- Additional Features: Most GPS tablets are different from conventional models. But it does not mean that they lack their own exclusive bells and whistles. The features you expect in a tablet depend upon how you intend to utilize it. For example, the standard tablet would suffice if you need a tablet mainly for GPS and just occasional brownface. But if you want advanced apps and programs, you may get a higher-level multi-featured tablet. Besides, the external controls and buttons are features that may or may not be to the user’s liking.
Lastly, you may look among the tablets with a price range that suits your budget.
Top 3 Tablets with Built-In GPS
Given below is an overview of the best GPS tablets, along with their pros and cons:
Does Samsung Galaxy Tab have GPS?
Yes, Samsung Galaxy Tab has GPS and belongs to the medium-priced range of tablets. It is specifically designed to assist people who often need to use GPS. Along with the basic functionalities, it shows accurate geolocation. Galaxy Tab A has 2GB RAM and an expandable internal memory of 32GB, extending to 512GB with a microSD card.
Besides being more affordable than other tablets, it comes with a sufficiently long battery life and requires very little time for charging. This makes it an excellent option for people who despise being stuck with a plug or outlet. Furthermore, its GPS works with a unique chip that picks up signals from various tracking systems. Because of its highly proficient mechanism, you will get the exact geolocation rapidly. As for the appearance, it has an exceptionally bright and clear screen with good responsivity.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Advantages
- High-quality display: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to have a high-resolution display with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz, which can produce sharp, clear images and smooth animations.
- Powerful processor: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, which can handle demanding tasks such as gaming, video editing, or running multiple apps simultaneously.
- Access to the latest Android updates: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to run on the newest version of Android, which means you have access to the latest features and security updates.
- S Pen support: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to support the S Pen, which can be used for drawing, note-taking, or editing documents on the go.
- 5G connectivity: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to have 5G connectivity, allowing you to enjoy fast internet speeds even when on the go.
- High-quality cameras: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to have front and rear-facing cameras that can take high-quality photos and videos.
- Large battery capacity: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to have a large battery capacity, allowing you to use it for extended periods without recharge.
- Thin and lightweight design: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to be light and weightless, making it easy to carry around and use on the go.
- Multiple storage options: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is expected to have numerous storage options, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Apple iPad Mini 6th Gen
- The price in 2023 is $469
- Compact size: The iPad Mini 6th Gen is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry around and use.
- High-resolution display: The iPad Mini 6th Gen has a high-resolution Retina display, which can produce sharp, clear images and text.
- Powerful processor: The iPad Mini 6th Gen is powered by the A15 Bionic chip, which can handle demanding tasks such as gaming, video editing, or running multiple apps simultaneously.
- Access to the latest iOS updates: The iPad Mini 6th Gen runs on the newest version of iOS, which means you have access to the latest features and security updates.
- Apple Pencil support: The iPad Mini 6th Gen supports the Apple Pencil, which can be used for drawing, note-taking, or editing documents on the go.
- Face ID: The iPad Mini 6th Gen has Face ID, which allows for secure authentication and quick access to your device.
- High-quality cameras: The iPad Mini 6th Gen has front and rear-facing cameras that can take high-quality photos and videos.
- Cellular connectivity: Some iPad Mini 6th Gen models have cellular connectivity, allowing you to use your device on the go without needing Wi-Fi.
- Multiple color options: The iPad Mini 6th Gen is available in numerous colors, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your style.
What tablets have built-in GPS in 2023?
- Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 with GPS
- Lenovo Tab M10 HD with GPS
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite with GPS
- ASUS ZenPad Z10 with GPS
- Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet with GPS
- Dragon Touch Max10 Tablet with GPS
- Vankyo MatrixPad S30 Tablet with GPS
- RCA Voyager Pro 7 Tablet with GPS
Which Samsung tablets have GPS?
All Samsung tablets that are available in the market have GPS. In addition, Samsung tablets from series A and S have built-in GPS and represent the best-selling tablets in the market.
Does the Acer tablet have GPS?
Yes, all Acer tablets have GPS if produced in the last several years. Acer Spin and Acer Enduro are the best-selling Acer GPS Tablets in the market.
Does Fire HD 8 tablet have GPS?
No Fire HD 8 tablet does not have GPS built-in. However, you can use GPS on Fire HD 8 tablet if you buy an external GSP or so-called “GPS mouse” such as Wireless, via Bluetooth or Wired, via Micro USB.
Does tablet GPS work without Wifi?
Yes, GPS works without Wifi in offline mode. GPS offline is not in real-time, but you can still use your phone’s built-in GPS to pinpoint your location. On iOS and Android phones, any mapping app can track your location without an internet connection, only GPS without Wi-Fi.
Does the Amazon Fire tablet have GPS?
No, Amazon Fire tablets do not have GPS. However, you can use GPS on all Fire tablets if you buy an external GSP or so-called “GPS mouse,” such as Wireless, Bluetooth, or Wired, via Micro USB.
How to turn on GPS on a Samsung tablet?
- Select “Apps” From an upper-right section on the home screen
- Go to the All tab
- Select Settings
- Select Location> Security.
- Enable “Use GPS satellites.”
Valuable Tips for Tablet Care
The GPS tablets are fantastic because of their location-tracking capability. However, their GPS functionality can work well only if you properly care for your tablet.
- Besides preventing your tablet from breaking, you must protect its display screen from prolonged sun exposure or excessive heat.
- You can get a good case for your tablet that guards its screen and averts other damage.
- Tablets are versatile devices which leads to their increased usage. So, you will often find fingerprints and smudge marks on it. To clean the tablet’s screen, do it with a screen-specific cloth. Any other type of fabric can harm the screen.
- Take care not to overcharge your tablet as it wears out the battery.
- If you use a tablet with a stylus, avoid using a third-party stylus, which can damage the screen. It’s best to get the stylus of the same brand only.
- Would you please turn off the WiFi when you are not using it? Also, turn off unnecessary notifications. This will save a lot of power.
Every tablet varies in terms of functionalities. Some of them carry more features than others. Likewise, some rely heavily on internet connectivity for most functions; others have offline-enabled functionalities. However, as far as GPS tablets are concerned, the above three are the best for people who require GPS many times. If you want to explore more options, you may check out other tablets of Google, Samsung, and similar reliable brands.