Television is an important part of every household. According to statistics, an average person watches over 30-35 hours of TV/week? Mind-boggling! Isn’t it?
Have you wondered if we could channelize those hours into productive things, we could have accomplished something noble? Now, I’m not asking you to procrastinate watching TV completely. All I am trying to convey is to stop flipping through channels in the hope of finding something interesting!
If you feel like you are always pressed for time and unable to ace goals in your life, it’s time to step back, analyze, and explore things other than watching TV!
Let’s discuss elaborately how to be productive and things to do instead of watching TV.
Things to do without the internet or TV are:
Your Knowledge & Explore New Things:
Learning and experiencing new things in life is one of the ideal methods to be dynamic in life. Unless and until you are inclined towards experiencing new things in life, you will never grow! It also helps you to discover your hidden talent and hobby.
Learn a New Skill:
Knitting, Crocheting, Dancing, Drawing, Painting, Rock Climbing, Fishing, Cooking
Read a Book/ Blog:
Reading is severely underrated, and it is one of the best practices one can pick up for growth.
Investing is all about making your hard-earned money work for you. Therefore, learn the art of Investing and let it compound over a long period.
Visit a Museum:
Spend some time amidst the world of Antiques and History.
Indulge in Outdoor Activities:
What’s better than going outside and revitalize your mind and body? There are numerous options. Just pick one, and you are good to go!
- Bike Ride
- Bonfire & BBQ Night
- Observe Sunset/Sunrise
Wrap Up Your Daily Chores:
No matter how much organized or discipline you are, nearly everyone has some unfinished daily chores at their home. Go and finish them up instead of watching TV!
- Organize your drawers, basement, attic, room, and desk!
- Clean your Kitchenette!
- Revamp your room and get rid of the clutter.
- Cook sumptuous meals. If you don’t know how to cook, get help from Youtube!
- Keep up with the maintenance around your home and fix the broken structures. Start with your Tap, maybe?
- Start Gardening!
- Improve your Financial Situation with proper Budgeting and tracking of your Expenditure.
Create a Side Hustle and Make Extra Money:
If you learn to create a side hustle and make extra money, you can considerably improve your Financial Situation.
Here’s a list of things you can do to churn out some extra money:
- Pet Sitting
- Content Editing
- Host a Garage Sale
- Answer Surveys
- Become an Uber or Lyft Driver
- Sell on Amazon
- Sell/Donate Blood, Plasma, and Eggs
Improve Your Relationships:
Improving relationships with people is one of the positive things to do in life. When you spend less time on TV, you will have plenty of time to invest your energy in improving and mending relationships.
- Go ahead and send someone a Handwritten Letter.
- Call/ Text your close ones and schedule a date for Lunch/ Dinner.
- Spend quality time with Family and Friends.
- Plan a Family Get-together and catch up over a gala Dinner/Lunch.
- Cook a delectable Meal for your spouse. Small gestures go a long way.
Always Be Kind:
It costs zero to be kind! Random acts of kindness can spread oodles of positivity.
Whether it’s big or small, every act of kindness goes a long way and can make someone’s day and completely change how they feel!
Here’s how you can flag off!
- Volunteer for a Good Cause.
- Don’t forget to Smile & Greet People.
- Donate your old items for Charity.
- Donate Blood.
- Adopt a New Pet!