Social Media has taken over our entire life and has become the centerpiece.
Every time we travel or eat out at a new restaurant, we look forward to uploading pictures on Instagram or Facebook. Besides, we spend long hours scrolling through our timeline, hoping to see things from people and what they are up to. All these can cause you to waste a ton of time.
Nonetheless, do you think Social Media has taken a toll on your life and stressing you out? Do you find yourself checking Facebook or Instagram? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to check your Social Media?
If your answer is YES, you might need to opt for a much-need break and find the right balance. Daily schedule which looks like this can hamper your lifestyle.
Therefore, today, we will discuss things to do instead of Social Media to remain productive, happier, and more active.
How to spend less time on social media?
If you wish to learn productive use of social media and what to do instead of social media, you need to do the following things:
Don’t Wake Up or Go To Bed With Your Phone:
Stop bringing your Phone/ Tablet/ Laptop to bed. Such practices make it difficult to leave behind the addiction to be on Social Media Platforms constantly. Before you go to bed, just put down your Phone/ Tablet/ Laptop and not look at it again until the next morning.
Of course, you can’t attain it overnight. However, gradual procrastination can have an impactful result, and you will be to take back control of your life once again.
Believe in yourself!
Learn And Experience New Areas Of Life:
At first, decreasing your presence on Social Media can seem quite tedious & impracticable.
Nonetheless, it will lead to trying out New Experiences and a shift in mindset.
Numerous things can be tried which can considerably improve your life, help you grow, and learn more about yourself.
Unless you try and get on the field, you will not find out what may/ may not work for you.
Here’s a bunch of things which you can try:
- Try out a new Recipe and treat your close ones with lip-smacking delicacies.
- Listen to Instrumental Music or Educational Podcasts.
- Maintain a daily journal and pen down your inexpressible thoughts in order.
- Create a Bucket List.
- Plan a trip with Friends or Family. What’s better than researching and charting out an itinerary in advance?
- Doodle patterns on a piece of paper and unleash the child in you.
- Visit a Museum or a Library.
- Join a Swimming Club.
- Pick up a New Skill like Knitting, Crocheting, Dancing, Drawing, Painting, Rock Climbing, Fishing, Cooking, among others.
- Start reading a Book!
- Learn a new language!
- Learn the concept of Investing and Compounding. It is essential because $100 today will not be worth $100 in the future if you just let it sit under a mattress or in a Bank Account.
See 5 things to do other than social media in this video below:
- Step Outside Your Home:
Going outside the home for taking a casual stroll or groceries can considerably improve your mind and health.
Are you wondering what exactly you can engage in outside your home? Here are some cues!
- Bike Riding
- Yoga & Meditation
- Kayaking/ Canoeing
- Stroll around the Neighbourhood.
- Star- Gazing
- Camping/ Trekking
- BBQ & Bonfire Night
- Visit the top-notch attractions in your City.
Don’t Just Be Busy But Improve Your Productivity:
Cut down the amount of time that you spend on Social Media and invest your precious time for the little things in life which you tend to neglect.
- Clean your Bedroom and give it a makeover.
- Organize your Inbox and hit the unsubscribe button to get rid of those annoying E-Mails.
- Cancel any unnecessary subscriptions to organize your Bills and Finances.
- Create a To-Do List.
- Put the unwashed clothes in the Washing Machine.
- Do the Dishes!
- Make your Bed!
- Set up an Excel Sheet and track your Finances to start saving money.
- Wrap Up Your Pending Household Chores:
Social Media has engulfed our life so much that we go to the extent of procrastinating Household Chores.
In that case, STOP now and tackle them with elan!
- Organize your Drawers, Basement, and Attic.
- Declutter your wardrobe.
- Clean your Kitchen.
- Trim and repot your plants.
- Rearrange your furniture and revamp your Living Room.
Make valuable use of your time and show acts of kindness to impact others positively.
Every act, be it big or small, goes a long way.
- Donate Blood.
- Volunteer for a Good Cause.
- Adopt a new Pet
Learn to Make Money:
Who doesn’t love an extra source of income and make more money?
Although Money cannot buy happiness, it can definitely change your life and improve your financial situation.
Here is a list of ways to earn extra bucks!
- Online Teaching.
- Pet Sitting
- Freelance Proofreading
- Content Editing.
- Hosting a Garage Sale.
- Answering Surveys.
- Running Facebook Ads for local businesses.
- Driving an Uber.
- Selling on Amazon.
- Delivering Groceries or Food.
- Selling/Donating Blood, Plasma, Eggs, etc.
- Selling things on Facebook Marketplace, Poshmark, etc.
Building Close-Knitted Relationships:
Usually, people sit on their phones while they are with their Friends or Family. Such adverse habits can lead to the dismantling of relationships.
Nonetheless, cutting down on Social Media will enable you to have real-life interactions with people and improve your relationships with friends, family, and even strangers.
Here’s how you can ace it!
In the era of text messages, be the person who picks up the phone and dials a number.
- Send a Handwritten Letter or a Thank You note in the Mail.
- Spend Quality Time with your family and friends.
- Plan a get-together.
- Cook a meal for your parents/ spouse/ friends.
- Lastly, put aside all your thoughts and perhaps strike up a conversation with a stranger?