Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in 2 Years is possible but CHALLENGING
Time is money… why spending 4 years in securing a Bachelor’s degree, if you can do this in 2 years’ time. But it is CHALLENGING…. This option is suitable for those, who accept challenges in life…
Students can graduate college in 2 years but only if find an accredited college that offers a 2-year degree completion program and if the applicant already has a pile of college credits.
I am a bit mature chap now… but while I was in college, I thought to complete my bachelor’s degree in as quickly as possible time… but the only possibility was to complete it in 4 years… but later on, after a great deal of struggle and discussion, I explored all the possible ways to do it… then I found some rational options to complete a bachelor’s degree in 2 years… although, this not everybody’s cup of tea but those who accept it as a CHALLENGE.
Whereas, around the globe, usually, universities expect you (individuals) to secure your (their) degree in 4 years such as junior and senior years, sophomore or freshman. If you opt this conventional route, then 4 years’ Bachelor at university will cost you a huge amount of money between $40K to $140K, in terms of fee, 1800 hours of time for face-to-face classroom instructions, and up-t0 36 hours for work outside of the class.
Do you have for that?
Now I can suggest you examine all the ways and options, and you can choose the one best suits you based on your time, money and interest.
Things to remember
If you have decided to accept this challenge of 2 Bachelor’s degrees, then considering the following will facilitate you to make a rational and suitable decision.
- Are you comfortable taking online classes?
- Can you manage and go with the pace of accelerated classes?
- Are you holding currently any college credits?
- Are you enthusiastic to test out of a few classes?
- Are you holding any professional experience or training, that may useful for RPL (recognition of prior learning) for college credit
- The exact time to finish such qualification depends on the number of college credits you already have
Through this article, I will make you aware of some inside secrets to complete your bachelor’s degree faster than before. I will discuss them all one by one through easy steps. So let’s start.
You will find through this guide, the tips, and tricks, to craft a self-paced, and self-designed bachelor’s degree plan that can may benefit you to finish faster…
Are you ready? For the faster options…
1 – Credits through Qualifications
Registered Training Organization
- Explore thoroughly and choose intelligently, an institute, college, or a university, even an RTO. The term “RTO” (registered training organization) is more profound in Australia and New Zealand for recognized and accredited qualifications, and RTP (registered training provider) used in UAE, such RTOs and RTPs offer a fast-tracked (self-paced), online qualifications
- Choose the one that offers 5-8 weeks online recognized and accredited qualifications
- Each university will tell you what’s required to graduate. Then, you fulfill those requirements using a variety of methods outlined in this guide.
- Here’s the challenge: There are no accredited colleges that will advertise a 2-year bachelor’s degree… but that DOES NOT keep you from finishing in 2 years.
- Accredited colleges may offer a 2-year degree completion program. But in order to enroll in a degree completion program, you must already have a pile of college credits under your belt. If you do, then the school will help you finish your degree in 2 years. But if you are starting with no college credits, you will be looking to complete your entire bachelor’s degree from zero to finish.
2 – Credits through CLEP
Testing out of college classes
If you don’t have any credits with you then don’t worry, because following the steps below, yet you have another option to finish your bachelor’s degree in two years’ time.
Securing college credits only upon having face-to-face classes is the bygone story now.
Good news for you… two (2) other options are available to obtain college credits for a year or more even before you start. This option is going to be very attractive when you feel horrible while attending face-to-face classes with the instructors and having a long list of actions to complete.
Although, sitting in educational classes likely be boring and time-consuming, but every enrolled student is bound to take them all.
Usually, almost in all the states or countries, bachelor’s degree programs carry a complex but similar list of common educational requirements, excepting for you because, you are smart.
Instead of attending classes face-to-face, but appearing in the exam directly, proves that you are acquainted and comfortable with the relevant educational material and ready beforehand to secure credit for it.
Following are the steps to follow before appearing in a test-out of one year of college classes:
- Pick an exam to appear and get registered via the exam website.
- Deposit your registration fee through credit card or the way suggested
- Seize a resource pack or guide and shove, shunt, and move that may cause outsized amounts of tea or coffee.
- Plan and organize your time to appear in the exam at the test center.
- Pass that exam and acquire a passing score.
- Enjoy with the credits you fairly earned without attending classes!
Just like that.
How to Avoid Classes and Still Get College Credit
Above 3,000 dissimilar universities do accept credit by exam, but each college establishes its own rules and policies, for instance, minimum acceptable passing scores, which particular exams they will accept and honor, and the highest number of credits that can be received by exam.
Let’s say you are getting a degree at Texas A&M University. Here’s a list of the general education courses you need and the matching exams that you can do with the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) to earn credit without going to class.
College Level Examination Program
|General Education Requirements|
|College Algebra – 3 credits||Mathematics – 3 credits|
|Biology – 6 credits||Life and Physical Sciences – 6 credits|
|Humanities – 3 credits||Creative Arts – 3 credits|
|Introductory Psychology – 3 credits||Social and Behavioral Science – 3 credits|
|Principles of Management – 3 credits|
Principles of Marketing – 3 credits
|Institution option – 6 credits|
Did you perceive that?
You can catch all of your general education prerequisite credits through CLEP (credit by exam). Your entire freshman year and one-half of the sophomore year possibly can be completed even without taking classes.
List of the companies offer CLEP program
Don’t for forget to check the catalog of terminal college’s academics to be certain that you are up-to-speed on their set of policies before you decide to appear in an exam.
The most widely recognized and recognized exams are CLEP exams.
- Thirty-three (33) exams are available by CLEP
- Thirty-four (34) are presented by DSST
- Thirty-eight (38) exams are taken by Thomas Edison State Credit
- Excelsior College takes fifty-two (52) exams
- Twelve (12) credit Language exams are taken by New York University
Isn’t that incredible?
Usually, Credit by Exam programs has more than 30 exams.
You can acquire at least 3 to 6 credits for each exam. Many of such CLEP exams are to be taken through MCQs (multiple-choice questions) and are to be finished in one and a half hours!
Liberty University allows its students to take up-to c0 credits through CLEP exams and other schools accept 30 plus credits by exam. The amazing part of this approach is that you are not required to have 100% on an exam but all you need is to secure a score of 50% and you catch credit for the class.
3 – Credits through RPL – Recognition of Prior Learning
Another good news for you is that your prior learning can be recognized and converted into credits by the various organizations. That is also called as “college credit for life and work experience:
So what have done so far or what you been up to during the past few years?
Maybe you were employed in any work-related activities and tasks, for instance, any field related to health, traveling, insurance, aviation, etc. You make that experience count in a big way. Now that you have begun college by means of your experiences for college credit.
For instance, Liberty University, you can obtain credit for previous learning either by presenting a portfolio and or via your credentials.
Gaze wisely at this list of skill-sets and grasp how numerous you already have. Each one may have potential, to earn you college credit.
List of Skills that can be translated into College Credit for RPL (Recognised Prior Learning).
- Nursing, Early Childhood Education
- Human Resources, Hospitality Management
- Counseling, Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Aviation, Flight Attendant, Emergency Medical Technician
- Payroll, Administration, Management, Supervisory Experience
- Public Speaking, Legal Secretary, Law Enforcement, Project Management
- Banking, Financial Planning, Insurance, Real Estate, Property Management
Did you observe that how come management seems frequently on this list? If you have already worked in the domain of management than it is possible for you to obtain credit for that work experience.
Noticeably, every university has the ultimate say in what they consider worthy of getting college credit for prior learning.
How can you get Credit for the previous learning?
You take your past professional or military experience and produce a portfolio.
In the case of Liberty University…EXAMPLE
- Select a unit of competency or class you believe you already recognize all the performance elements material for.
- Answer the questions at least 5-7, particular to the unit or class you are wishing credit for.
- Annex material such as letters of verification from supervisors, documents, certificates, diplomas, transcripts, job evaluations, work samples, newspaper clippings, and your resume.
- Deposit the $100 portfolio fee and wait for 5 days to see if you get approved.
There is no assurance that you will be given credit for the portfolio you developed but the only guarantees in life are taxes and death.
If the experience you have is legitimate after high school you went through, then you will be able to obtain credit for something.
4 – Credits through Accelerated online classes
What is there you have to lose in trying something that can help?
Do explore a university that offers an accelerated online classes
Traditional vs accelerated classes
It is like taking between caffeinated or decaf coffee. One can aid you to go faster on the way to a bachelor’s degree faster.
Accelerated classes are offered online to the enrolled students. You just will be going through reading the textbooks, watching recorded or live lectures, producing papers, and participate in discussions through virtual discussion board with your class-fellows.
Though the assignments you finish are comparable, but online classes will permit you to login when work finished, on your dining hour, when it’s appropriate for you.
With taking online classes, you would not be required to put your life on hold. You do take all the classwork when it is convenient to you.
How does it work? Step-by-step
- Select a college that offers at least up-to 8-week classes online.
- You can opt 18 credit hours, almost six (6) classes for all semester
- You will be able to complete 54 credits just during in a 12 months
5 – Bachelor Degree Completion Programs
This is the last resort, you can plan for that to complete your bachelor’s degree in two years. Because Bachelor degree completion programs do exist. These are what the majority of the colleges are mentioning to when they claim that they offer a 2-year bachelor degree program. These colleges just accept your college credits. Any accredited university will do that for you.
Bachelor’s degree completion programs are supposed to benefit you to complete your degree, you already started. You already have an associate degree.
A college or institute that offers to their learners an online bachelor’s degree completion program that permits you to complete a bachelor’s degree program by converting your existing credit to the degree you meant for. They also offer online and accelerated classes.
How you do this is pretty basic:
- The same pattern you can follow as discussed in the previous section
- You can yet deploy or get benefit through credit by exam along with credit for learning that leads to a bachelor’s degree completion program
- It is better to talk or discuss with educational pathways agent or career counselor
Taking the next step
What do you believe? 2 years bachelor’s degree from zero to done.
2 years of effort and struggle making the smart and detailed plan of actions you developed. Securing college credits without attending the classes regularly, attending the accelerated classes.
If you are all already prepared and ready to start. Does this plan of doing in 2 years influence or motivate you to start with. You can take this accelerated degree plan customized and don’t forget to write your end or finish date on there.
Keep on looking at this data regularly and mind it this is not that far in the future.
You will be able to hold a bachelor’s degree in 2 years’ time through the ways below. Following are the 4 possible options below can be deployed to get your bachelor’s degree faster:
- Credits through Qualifications
- Credits through CLEP
- Credits through RPL – Recognition of Prior Learning
- Credits through Accelerated online classes
- Bachelor Degree Completion Programs