How to find sponsors?
The following steps will help you to get the sponsorship
1- Look for companies that sponsor other events or activities similar to yours.
That pretty much helps if you are new to get the business deals on the talking terms with other companies in order to get the guidance or some directions like where and how they proceed in there journey.
Well if we talk about sponsorships, like how you can be sponsored by the renowned companies then the basic step includes going and contact those companies you know that are working on the same or more or less similar to your work.
That will be the first and easy step you can take and ask for the boost up or shout out. Sponsorship can be in both ways like monetarily and boosting up your popularity so that some other companies reach you out.
Use the research that other companies or institutes have done before you to help give you an idea.
If you are looking for a special event sponsorship for a walk or running event, look at other runs in your area and look at who the sponsors were. This will be a great point to take start from.
- If you have planned to go with the athletic idea then reaching out the Nike and Adidas would be a great preference.
- If you’re planning for a music event then its quite obvious for you to go to the Radio companies and media studios etc..
- If you’re planning a pretty food event, consider Gourmet magazine, the Food Network, and other big food companies.
So, how to get a company to sponsor you?
If you trying to find the way how to find sponsors you need to work in two directions. The first one is to look for individual companies and the second one is to find specialized companies that research and find sponsors for clients. Both approaches to finding sponsors are excellent.
You can try sponsormyevent.com, helpgetsponsors.com, etc. There are a lot of platforms that try to connect sponsors and clients.
But in this text, we will concentrate on the first approach where you are trying to find the way how to ask for sponsorship for the event or your company project.
2- Create a list of potential sponsors
The potential sponsors can be as according to your preferences, like the discussed above options if you have planned for the musical event and so, then you must make a list properly after comprehensive research for the potential sponsors. Then contact them to know whether or not they are interested in your proposal.
Make sure to write down your proposal before you contact anyone. the detailed proposal of yours will be helping you to convince your sponsor company.
3- Research every company or person on your list.
The best way to get to the right company or person is to check their background before and then talk to others for more and safer advice. so, in this case, you will be knowing that person or organization before you can ask for the sponsorship.
Below you can see how you can find the right contact email for your sponsor:
Now the question here is how you can manage to ask for the sponsorship?
Your first step is to identify whether in which category of age your audience will be and then which gender will be most likely to attend that event.
Then your next step will be to list out those of the business types or private institutions that you believe would be interested in reaching that audience
And now reach out to the contact person at each of those potential sponsors you have listed down below. You will discover that you can find a sponsor for almost any type of event.
Who and how do we target for event sponsorship
Create a sponsorship package to send to the sponsors on your list. Think again over again about how you place your words and your appeal to these potential sponsors. Your goal is to make sponsorship appear to be a win-win business deal this will appeal to the dealer who is going to sponsor you, rather than as a simple donation.
For example, “we are offering you the opportunity to…” is preferable to “we really need…”. By using this term you know you will leave a great impact.
Focus on preparing a package that makes it easy for the potential sponsor’s person or organization to review the information and to reach a decision. You may even wish to provide some of the information in bullet-point format.
In this video below you can watch Google lecture about the whole process:
At the very least, your event sponsorship package should include the following:
- Information about your organization. Remember that the targeted sponsors are businesses or private institutions and that they will be interested in the financial aspects of your organization.
- Describe the event. Share the general details, the number of people you are expecting, and the demographics of the attendees. Your request for sponsorship will be stronger if the target audience is also one of interest to the potential sponsor.
- Provide a general description of the benefits of sponsorship.
- Make sure that you provide details with respect to specific sponsorship levels, the cost, and the rewards for sponsorship.
- In setting your sponsorship opportunities and levels, think about the business needs of the potential sponsors, and about what will most likely appeal to them in terms of increased market visibility.
- Include a sponsorship reply form and a return self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Platinum Sponsor: Exclusive sponsorship of TAPA T Meeting including tabletop display, $15,000.
- Host Sponsor: Exclusively host a TAPA T Meeting at your facility & be the exclusive sponsor of the event.
- Gold Sponsor (up to two available): $5,000 toward the facility, event materials, and catering
- Silver Sponsor (up to four available): $2,500 toward the facility, event materials, and catering
- Bronze Sponsor: Sponsorship of shuttle transportation to meetings, Coffee Break
- Contributor: Donation of raffle prizes, meeting materials, or general giveaways for meeting attendees.