Are you looking forward to recording your own voice? Do you want an application that requires little technical expertise? Then, Sound Recorder in Windows 8 can come to your rescue! It doesn’t require high-level experience to operate Sound Recorder in Windows. It is not at all complicated as other applications like Cakewalk, Adobe Audition, or Audacity.
Do you know what the best part is?
- It is absolutely Free!
- It comes with a pre-installed operating system.
- It has a simple interface that enables users to Create, Pause, Stop and Play Recordings!
How To Record Voice On a PC?
To record your voice on a Windows 10 PC, your computer must have a built-in or external microphone attached. Search application “Voice recorder,” open the app, and press the “Record” button to record your voice. By default, your voice audio file will be saved in the Documents > Sound recordings folder.
How to record your voice step by step for the first time?
To record your voice on Voice Recorder in Windows for the first time, your PC must have an external microphone attached to it and follow these steps:
- Press “Windows-W” for opening “Settings.”
- Enter “Sound” into the “Search Bar.”
- Select “Sound” from the “Results.”
- Go on to select the “Recording” tab.
- Confirm that the microphone is connected to the computer. If it is not connected, connect a microphone or headset to one of the USB slots or microphone jacks.
- Click “OK” to close “Sound.”
- Press “Windows-Q” to open “Apps.”
- Enter “Recorder” into the “Search Bar.”
- Select “Voice Recorder” from the “Results.”
- Click “Start Recording” or press “Alt-S.”
- Start speaking into the Microphone.
- Click “Stop Recording” to end the recording. If you tap on the “Stop Recording” by mistake, click “Cancel” and then tap on “Resume Recording.”
- Enter a name for the file into the “Save As” dialogue box, and then click “Save.”
How to record good audio on a laptop or computer?
To record a good audio file on the laptop you need to have a quality microphone attached to your laptop. After you attach the microphone, search for the free default application “Voice recorder” on your PC, press the “Record” button, and save your voice.